- Gateway National Recreation Area Floyd Bennett Field, NY
- The Maysville Public Library of Maysville, Oklahoma is planning to build a new library and Wiley Post museum and presents an annual festival in his honor.
- National Air & Space Museum:
– National Mall location
– Steven F. Udvar Hazy Center
- Oklahoma Historical Society Oklahoma City, OK
- Will Rogers Memorial Museums Claremore, OK
- Will Rogers State Historic Park Santa Monica, CA
Frequently Asked Questions
Who maintains this Web site?
A fan of Wiley Post and Will Rogers. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is the Winnie Mae the plane that Will Rogers and Wiley Post died in?
No. It was a Lockheed Orion-Explorer hybrid cobbled together by Wiley Post.
Can you appraise or accept donations of artifacts?
No. We refer you to the organizations listed under our links.
Where is Wiley Post buried?
Wiley is buried in Memorial Park Cemetery, 13400 North Kelley Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73131. His wife Mae (Laine) Post, who died in 1984, is buried beside him. There is a large stone memorial to Wiley near their graves.
“Around the World in 8 Days.” Wiley Post and Harold Gatty.
“The First Solo Flight Around the World: The Story of Wiley Post and His Airplane, The Winnie Mae.” Richard L. Taylor.
“Forgotten Eagle: Wiley Post, America’s Historic Aviation Pioneer.” Bryan B. and Frances N. Sterling.
“From Oklahoma to Eternity: The Life of Wiley Post and The Winnie Mae.” Bob Burke.
“Lockheed.” Image of America series. Compiled by Martin W. Bowman.
“Revolution in the Sky: The Lockheeds of America’s Golden Age.” Richard Sanders Allen.
“Wiley Post, His Winnie Mae, and the Word’s First Pressure Suit.” Smithsonian Annals of Flight, Number 8.
“Will Rogers & Wiley Post: Death at Barrow.” Bryan B. and Frances N. Sterling.
“Will Rogers & Wiley Post in Alaska: The Crash Felt ‘ Round the World.” Dr. Reba Neighbors Collins.